The queen of procrastination is starting to plan a life of action. Tomorrow I start with Take Three of this blog. Ah, you lovely, lovely billboard of accountability and action. I have let you go unmarked for many a moon. For you to be of any purpose, pen must meet paper (or fingers to keyboard). After two plus years of thinking about getting back to a life of action and having an occasional fit and start and an ultimate fizzle, I am attempting to succeed by daily winning the battle. No more forty days at a time. No more 125 pounds to lose. I have enough trouble staying focused 24 hours each day - let alone days on end. I haven't been able to drop 125 pounds, so I am going to try dropping one pound. I am keeping my finish line in my line of sight until my motivation will let me achieve loftier visions. Simply dreaming of change hasn't gotten me very far and has actually gotten me quite fat. And pray tell what has started the thought of change? The realization of living a limited life is completely attributable to me. Letting life weigh me down at 256.8 pounds and waisting away (pun intended) carrying around twice my weight hasn't been an effective way to achieve anything other than stretched elastic waist bands and frown lines. Tomorrow I will start to love life again by living one moment at a time. It is appropriate that tomorrow is the day of love itself, Valentines' Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment