239.9. For the last time, I am out of the 240s. I'm beating morbid obesity, or cupcake cancer as I call it, one calorie at a time. The second thing on my to do list each day is to create between a 1000 calorie and 2000 calorie deficit. I used to run 3 miles each morning at a 9-minute pace. It was a comfortable run and started every day with a swift kick in my metabolic pants. Now it takes twice or three times as many hours to burn off the calories walking versus running. I finally feel like I am walking at a decent pace. Two weeks ago, I was lumbering down the City street. From lumber, to walk, to jog and then to run. Let's just say the rapid calorie burn of high intensity cardio training is my first fitness goal. I am geting there. I made fitness a priority today even working a typical 11+ hour day. Between putting out fires, handling fauxergencies (fake emergencies), and completing real work with hard deadlines, I managed to break away for two healthy gym sessions. In fact, I have started leaving my blackberry at my desk and simply turning on my out of office notification. Heath before wealth: my motto returns. I spent half of my lunch hour running on the treadmill. Sara Bareilles kept my pace steady. At a quarter to eight this evening, again I turned on my out of office notification and left my blackberry as I went back to 24 Hour Fitness for another two hour gym session: 80 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes in the pool. Ah, the pool. Starting today I will shimmy into a bathing suit every other day for the rest of my life. The folks at the nursing home are going to love that behavioral quirk when I am in my 90s. The swimming suit shimmy is a great reality check. There are only two options: sexy or Shamu.
Here's to whittling down the whale!
Ciao for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment