Monday, August 1, 2011

DAY 1: Ciao - the brutality of the 5 am workout

I took the plunge today.  I woke up at 5 am, hopped on the scale, and did a Macaulay Culkin scream.  221.8!  WTF!  Well, that is what happens when the workouts die, the Cheetos are munched, and the billable hour becomes priority one.  I threw on my sports bra and my skin tight Nike running shorts (The shorts weren't skin tight 30 days ago.  Let's just say a pretty picture it was not), and I started my TRX workouts.  I got on my morning sweat, made a spinach, mint, celery juice cocktail, and arrived at the office by 8:47 am.  I wasn't strong enough to head to the gym for an hour during lunch.  The will of the mind stopped the march of the feet.  I was suckered into billable work.  I'm worth more than my overtime rate.  I know it.  My friends know it.  I am pretty sure that my bosses know it.  I need to start paying myself my actual worth for that hour to go work out at the gym.  I have got to hit the hay because the 5 am workout is waiting to kick my butt.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment