The day started off pretty great. Wake-up, weigh in, TRX, get ready for work, hop on the train, and head to to the cubicle. It was a great morning until the tantrums began and drama for drama's sake managed to take over my lunch hour and my dinner hour and prevent me from heading to my 7:35 pm CoreFusion Yoga class. I called Exhale and gave them my standard line, "Would you be able to cancel my spot, yep, it's Ashly. Yep, I'm still at work." It's never a good sign when the front desk staff at the gym know that you are typically stuck at the office and miss the last class of the evening. The best laid intentions.... As I skipped the class, at my desk I sat and began consuming calories. I don't remember what I ate. I boa constrictored the food in a fashion that would make pre-Basho sumos smile. I ate. I ate. I ate. I ate. I'm not proud of the behavior, but it is my mechanism to control a situation that is completely out of my control. When I finally polished off my meal, I ran down to the CVS and purchased an office toothpaste and toothbrush. The next time that I feel the need to nosh at the office, I am going to try to brush away the frustration. Hopefully I the brushing will help replace the noshing. I'll let you know how it goes. I have a feeling that I will be able to try out the technique in a few short hours when I return to my cubicle. Instead of sitting on my sofa, I should still be at the office working. There are many things wrong with typing that sentence at 1:08 am on the 3rd of August 2011. Thank God for the divine intervention that threw me a much appreciated techie curve ball. God might not move mountains but He definitely is behind tonight's techie glitch. Of that I am sure.
Ciao for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment