I just walked into my apartment after an 8:32 am to 1:23 am day at the office. Oftah! I did take a 90 minute gym break around 7 pm. The day wasn't all work. Now I have to quickly blog, brush my teeth, and nap before I trek back down to midtown at 5 am. I plan on inspiring some of my underlings, who are working throughout the evening to meet a deadline, with a healthy breakfast (but not wheat grass shots - that seems like punishment) and encouraging words as they put in their final hours before turning in their projects.
As a psuedo middle manger*, I have the pleasure and the pain of being a boss and having to report to several bosses. Everyone with a job understands having to complete tasks to maintain their place in the workforce. During business hours most of us strive to do a good job. Who wants to be a professional failure? I don't. None of my employees do. How come it is so difficult for so many of us to complete personal tasks, such as going to the gym, eating healthy, meditating, and intellectual reading, during our free time? Of course, some people hire life coaches and others hire personal trainers to manage their personal development, physical health, and general well being. I can't afford those extra bosses on a financial or an emotional level. I work too hard during my day, and sometimes into the night, to be making yet another boss rich. Let's try to get ourselves back on track.
Boss yourself around. What do you have to lose? Your time? I hate to break it to you, but every second that the watch hands tick by is lost. We are far too important to waste our time. If you are working diligently during the day to please someone else, then how come you are not working as diligently before and after work to better yourself? Would you let your employees nosh on sugary snacks and lounge on a couch numbing their noggins watching the boob tube? Of course not! Get yourself in gear and start bossing yourself around. You should be in the business of making yourself the best you that you can be. I am worth being a little bossy. I could have worked all night, but I knew that I was worth that 90 minute break. I told myself to put down the pen and pick up the gym bag. Ninety minutes later my thighs thank me, and my job boss probably did, too. I am sure that I was more productive after the endorphins were flowing. Lord knows that I am tougher on myself than anyone else. I need to starting using that tough for good, and you should toughen up on yourself, too! Hold yourself accountable for your time. Be the boss of you!
I tweeted the first CIAOGirls Challenge tonight. I completed mine as soon as I kicked off my heels and locked my front door. Get your challenge done, too!
CIAO for now!
______________________________________
*Ugh. I never thought I would be middle management. The positive is that you almost always have to go through the middle to get to the top, and I'm a cream of the crop kinda gal!
No comments:
Post a Comment