Monday, August 8, 2011

"You're better than you know."

I left my office at 7:10 this evening to attend a CoreFusion Yoga class.  I didn't feel guilty, but I definitely had to talk myself into the two hour break.  It takes me about 20 minutes to travel to and from the studio in addition to the mat and shower time. There were only seven of us in the class.  Five of the bodies were amazing specimens of yogtasticness - long, lean, and bendable.  In comparison, I felt brittle and tight.  My "stuck" syndrome had traveled from my apartment, to the office, and straight into the studio.  As the class moved through the poses, my frustrations were apparent in each posture.  I'm not sure if my energy was draining the class or if my furrowed brow was ruining the yogi's mojo, but the instructor walked over to me, pushed my shoulders away from my ears, rolled them toward the back of the room, touched the middle of my back, and quietly said, "You're better than you know."  My inital response was to shake my head no, but I stopped after two quick right to lefts.  Standing taller than I have in weeks, and feeling more grounded than I have in months, I thought, "Maybe I am."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ashly - that's a fantastic story. And also something that you should remember day in and day out. If I were you, I'd think about that comment every time I reminded myself to stand up straight. :)

    ReplyDelete