I have learned some pretty brutal lessons working out in a chubby girl's body. Earlier this summer while training for the Seattle half marathon I learned lesson numero uno. Lesson 1: Running shorts should not be used for running until I wear a size medium unless a free stick of friction ease is provided with the purchase. I made that mistake one Saturday morning, and I paid for that mistake for the entire week. Of course, that was the week that I only had skirts to wear while my pants were being tailored. Lesson 2 was learned this morning on my first long early morning bike ride. Wear cycling shorts for any ride over 15 miles. There is a reason why those cycling shorts look like a pair of Huggies. Embrace the diaper butt. Love the diaper butt. I didn't, and I'll be paying for it for the next week. On my way to the office this morning, I stopped by CitySports and purchased my first pair cycling shorts. Those padded pedal pushers are expensive, but I am sure that the comfort will be worth the cost. I will be sporting diaper butt next Saturday morning for my next morning ride.
Ciao for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment