Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 11: If you are what you eat, then what is in the fridge?

Saturday, June 11, 2011


The tune for the night is here.  Play it and then read on.  Do bad things happen for a reason?  Sure.  Maybe I wasn't supposed to drop the green for a bike. 


WTF moment: 217.4 pounds.

WITF:  "What's in the fridge?"


I was set to have a day of exercising, meeting up with friends, purchasing a commuter bike, and attending a NYRR event to ensure I complete the 9 +1 for guaranteed entry in the NYC 2012 marathon.  It was a full schedule. 

The alarm chimed at 5:30 am.  I hopped into my running gear and trekked down to Central Park for the women's only 10K.  Did I check my blackberry at 5:30 am before I started my day?  No.  Should I have checked my blackberry?  I guess the answer is yes.  After I returned from the race, I had to cancel all plans and head directly to the office to work on a project.  No friends. No bike. No exercise. Yes to the NYRR race.  There is always one positive. 

I finished the project without too much unnecessary stress, and then I went to an 8 pm dinner with an old ballroom dancing buddy.  Waine is always a great motivator.  He has about fifteen different entrepreneurial ideas brewing and two more actually somewhere in development.  We split a bottle of wine, ate some mediocre Mediterranean food, and started catching up.  As a foodie, I am never delighted with mediocre food except for tonight.  I wasn't tempted to overeat because Ilili was not that delicious.   Instead of dropping serious green at this place, just go to Kebab House.

All in all, mediocre meal with a great friend was wonderful way to end a "meh" day - especially when you are on the 40-day plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment