Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 14: A day late and a dollar short

June 14, 2011

After the role reminder of Monday, I was prepared to start Tuesday with a stiff upper lip and a "can do" attitude.  I was greeted by the Director (You know, the one who told me to know my role!) as soon as I stepped off the elevator.  A snarl and a cold shoulder greeted my day.  "Brrr.  Hello to you, Cold Shoulder."  I tried breaking the ice.  The only thing that I managed to chip was my nail.  In the past, I would have obsessed about the disappointing start of the work day but not today.  I started this morning off right.  I was able to take the chilly greeting in stride because I took care of me this morning.  I put myself first.  Yes, I did!  With an hour of Core Fusion and a mini TRX workout, my frustration was left in a pile of sweaty gym gear.  Will I well up at the office again?  Probably.  I relieve stress with tears.  I don't scream or yell.  I swear and cry.  Perhaps as I well up my health, I will well up less under stressful situations.

As a very wise women once told me, "It's just a job."  It is just a job.  You can care about it but don't carry it around.  I feel the same way about my weight.  I can care about it but don't carry it around.

The WTF moment, besides the lovely snarl?  217.4  I didn't stress eat, but I am sure that the stress I internalized over the non-drama drama put enough cortisone in my system to let me slosh around with extra water weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment