Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 22: Back on the Mat

June 22, 2011

WTF:  215.5

I have a feeling that my lack of sleep is seriously cramping my weight loss style.  Over the past four weeks, I have been lucky to zonk out 4 hours each night.  Typically I need 5.5 hours of sleep to feel good.  The missing 1.5 hours has started to take its toll. 

Although my work schedule has been less than ideal, I did leave the office at 7:00 pm to walk to a yoga class.  As if the powers that be knew that I was leaving to take care of myself, the heavens parted and a NYC downpour.  I didn't think about turning around.  Going back to the office wasn't an option.  I had yoga on my mind.  Besides, I was soaked within the first half block.  Having braved the cab spray and the gutter gushes, I arrived at the studio drenched.  Quickly changing out of a suit doesn't work, so I peeled the wet summer weight wool from my clammy skin, changed into my yoga gear, and walked into Slow Flow.  I needed to ease my way into exercise this week.  I've too tired to move.  Slow Flow, well, it didn't sound like much movement.  I was wrong.  In the middle of class,  TOE CRAMP.  Toe cramps are the worst type of cramp.  They are not really painful, but the first thing I think is "Claw foot.  My toes are never going to straighten again."  Then the panic starts to set in.  There is nothing more annoying than the panicky girl in yoga class wincing about toe cramps.  Even my cramps are bizarre.  Why can't I get a calve cramp or a charlie horse like a real athlete.  Nope, my tootsies couldn't take it today.  Well, I have a feeling that those cramps are going to feel heavenly compared to how I am going to feel after the Seattle half marathon this Saturday.  I as supposed to run the full, but with my work schedule this past month my training both physical and mental have been less than idea.

The best part about this extraordinary work schedule is that I haven't resulted to binge eating to get myself through.  I have managed to maintain healthy eating habits.  For someone who turns to food in the best of times and the worst of times, maintaining balanced food related behaviors is extra conditions is a big win.

Yay me!  Big Win.

When can't isn't an option, then anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment