I have been having a rough couple of days, and now I have to play catch up and change. With Noah and the Whale singing "Tonight's The Kind Of Night" in the background, I am ready to get this done. Although I have been taking notes about noshing and shaking my groove thing over the past few days, I have not been blogging. This isn't a project about note taking, it's about the blogability of the 40 days. Besides no one gets to judge or comment on my notes. On the blog, it's fair game.
My lack of diligence is unacceptable and is one of the reasons why I haven't reached most of my personal and professional goals over the past 36 years. When I don't prioritize activities, then I let tasks prioritized by others fill my days and sap my motivation. A victim of time takers no more, it's time to take my time. My time is valuable. My time is limited. My time is mine. What am I doing wasting my time, and why am I letting others dictate how I use my time? Ownership and accountability: two lessons that I have to master. I am accountable for how my time is spent. Determining what is important to me and then prioritizing my time to accomplish my goals is the only way that I will stop talking about my plans and start achieving my goals. It's the whole action louder than words thing.
Today I am back on track with a vengeance. I am putting aside the billable work for the rest of the evening, and I am going to get my blogging done, and perhaps one more exercise dvd.
As for today's activities, I went to the office and did a little billable work. I could have spent ten hours at my desk, but my life isn't about working as many hours possible. To prevent work from making me dull, in every sense of the word, I took a break at noon and attended a Core Fusion class. It was one of the fastest hours of the day. I managed to navigate through the Puerto Rican day parade on 5th Avenue back to the office for four more hours. Erin stopped by to grab my P90X dvds. The dvds were a great paperweight for unfinished script that has been hanging around my apartment since November. Now that the paperweight is gone, I will finish the script. Rock it out, Erin! Or X it out. After tackling two more office items, I left for the evening to stretch it out at a 6 pm yoga class. It was the most interesting yoga class that I have attended in NYC. The instructor was a devout Roman Catholic who had Gregorian chants playing throughout the entire class. After the class, I started walking to the subway to head home.
Enter the daily glitch and the source of today's title, Waste for Waist's Sake. I was starving after yoga. Instead of hopping on the A train and heading north, I detoured to Whole Foods. Humungo mistakeo because I have no willpowero. Massive purchases of crap were made. I wasted money on junk that is not in my food plan. I bought it. I knew I didn't want it. I didn't need it. I still did it. I got home, and I opened a bag of chips. I took out a handful and ate about half of it. The good news is that I stopped, but I had to take the junk down to the basement and directly to the trash cans. Keeping it in the office wasn't an option. I wasted for my waist's sake.
It has been a good day. When can't isn't an option, then anything is possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment